The membership of this team comprises the Captains and Vice-Captains of all the other teams, as well as Division Leaders, Block Captains, and others who contribute to the administration and coordination.
Before the Disaster
After the Disaster
- Organize the group, call the meetings, and keep track of the lists.
- Make a list of the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all the members. Make certain that a map indicating utility shutoffs for gas, electricity, water and water spigots has been established.
- Make a list of equipment, who has what, and where it is stored.
- Create an evacuation plan, inform any new members of the plan, and add new members to the list.
- Organize at least two meetings a year to build neighborhood ties and increase skills.
- Go to the designated assembly points* and begin assessment.
- Organize response by forming teams and keeping track of assignments.
- Be sure the Damage Assessment Survey is sent to the fire station.
- Maintain a status report and help the neighborhood communicator.
Recommended CERT classes
Basic Personal Preparedness
Return to Teams